- A pair of gloves can be stuffed and made into antlers for an adorable toddler’s moose costume.
- Paint your face to resemble a famous piece of artwork, such as the Mona Lisa, and carry a wooden frame with you.
- Throw on a white and red striped sweater and red hat to become “Where’s Waldo?”
- Cut out some cardboard location markers and stripe your t-shirt with labeled roads, you can go as a GPS!
- Grab a hoodie, some cardboard, a basket and an old blanket. Cut out an alien and you can instantly become E.T. and Elliot.
- With just a denim shirt and a red bandana you can easily put together a “Rosie the Riveter” look.
- Don a plaid shirt and fishing hat to become Wilson from Home Improvement. And don’t forget your miniature fence fashioned out of popsicle sticks.
There are so many options for cheap DIY costumes that it would be impossible to list them all. Just remember to keep your eye out for cheap materials when shopping and keep an open mind. You could repurpose something unexpected into a great Halloween costume.