Last week we talked about ways to save on cooling this summer, well here are some more tips for saving on energy and water bills while going green at the same time!
- If clothes can be washed in cold water, then wash them in cold water whenever possible! Almost 85 percent of the energy used to machine-wash clothes is from heating.
- Use a drying rack instead of using a dryer.
- Try to take shorter showers. This will lower your water bill AND heating bill for those of us who love steaming hot showers!
- Install a programmable thermostat so you can vary the temperature throughout the day and for when you know you will not be home. Don’t let the air conditioning run while nobody is home!
- Turn off lights, computers and televisions when not in use.
Have other tips for going green and saving green? Post them below!